Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Recipe To Improve The Look Of Scar Tissue On My Thumb




Here is a recipe that I used on my thumb scar where I had a deep cut from a plate glass window. Although I still have the scar, it is softer and less discolored and the tissue is more flexible so there is now no discomfort bending the thumb joint.

In carrier oil of Rosehip and Sesame oils (more sesame than rose, maybe 80/20) to which I added helichrysum, rosemary verbone and sage (petites feuilles). The essential oil blend is added to the carrier oil at about 2% dilution and then rubbed into the scar tissue twice a day. At least, that's what I did. A skeptical friend said that the twice daily vigorous massage by itself would have had the same result. It could be, but I am happy with the result and the fragrant experience of the blend made me look forward to the massage.