Saturday, December 31, 2011
Here's what I discovered. The olive oil feels great when applied to the writs (and it seems to take away any irritating sting some sensitive skin feels from citrus oils) and leaves no greasy or olive oil fragrance behind. And interestingly, the oil smells differently on different people. And even more interesting, it is not a long lasting frangrant experience but doesn't evaporate altogether.
One friend asked if that was because the olive oil is absorved into the skin. I don't know. Do you?
What I do know is that I had a several friends at work walking around sniffing their wrists deeply saying oooh and aaaah - men and women.
What will I do next?
Friday, March 18, 2011
Different fragrances work different effects on people. Some are drawn to florals and sigh a deep sigh of relaxation and enjoyment. Others just get a headache. Seriously, it is for this reason that I keep my best rose absolute close to me and risk sharing it only when I know
Monday, March 07, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
William gave me a look today when I embodied my father and his secret potion response. William was mentioning some skin irritation and before he was done speaking I was reaching into my pocket for the ever available-does-all essential oil. I didn't even know which was the lucky bottle about to be recommended, yet I knew that it would definitely meet William's need.
William just looked at me and I found it difficult not to chuckle. I had done this before with an ointment from
Monday, January 24, 2011
• Aries (21st March - 20th April) - basil, black pepper;
• Taurus (21st April - 21st May) - palmarosa, ylang ylang, rose;
• Gemini (22nd May - 22nd June) - fennel, peppermint, thyme;
• Cancer (23rd June - 23rd July) - Roman/German chamomile;
• Leo (24th July - 23rd August) - benzoin, myrrh, frankincense, helichrysum;
• Virgo (24th August - 23rd September) - lavender, myrtle;
• Libra (24th September - 23rd October) - geranium;
• Scorpio (24th October - 22nd November) - patchouli;
• Sagittarius (23rd November - 21st December) - hyssop;
• Capricorn (22nd December - 20th January) - eucalyptus, vetiver;
• Aquarius (21st January - 19th February) - sandalwood, violet leaf;
• Pisces (20th February - 20th March) - cypress.
On Aromaweb and Essential-oil.com
Aquarius January 20-February 18 - Essential Oil of Choice for Aquarius Neroli
Pisces February 19-March 20 - Essential Oil of Choice for Pisces Melissa
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Saturday, January 22, 2011
A Daily Journal for Macintosh OS X and Windows has been created from Spirit is Calling by Edward Viljoen and Chris Michaels.
Just keeping you up to date with the reasons why my Essential Oils blog has been neglected. I’ve been distracted with out fun projects. Here’s the latest:
Spirituality is more than just a Sunday-attendance activity. In order for it to be really beneficial, it has to be something you do regularly, something that happens every day of your life.
Activate your spiritual life on a daily basis. Rev. Chris Michaels and Dr. Edward Viljoen have co-authored a Daily Journal entitled, Spirit is Calling—order yours today. Use it the whole year to record the progress of your personal spiritual growth.
Try It Free for 14 Days
Macintosh OS X
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
to Begin and End
Spoken Word by Joyce Duffala
Music by Edward Viljoen
1. Rise in Joy (8:05)