Friday, October 30, 2009

Vietnamese Vetiver

(Vetiveria zizaniodes)

Oh my goodness this oil is so thick and so sumptuous that you have to have patience getting it out of the bottle. Hold it upside down and wait, and the wait is worth it. What you get is one of the yummiest, richest, woodiest, relaxing-est, loveliest oils on the planet, in my opinion.

Apart from its amazingly earthy and wholesome fragrance, I’ve read that it has beneficial effect on the immune system, stimulates circulation and helps with athlete’s foot. So, I dilute it in almond oil and use it as a foot rub.

I also just like to rub some on my hands and smell it just before prayer and meditation. I don’t know why, but Vetiver works on me like almost no other oil, calming and clarifying my mind, and helping me to feel deeply peaceful.

Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizaniodes

Plant Part: Root. Extraction Method: Steam Distilled

Vetiver essential oil comes from the complex root system of a grass that is used for weaving mats.

Common Uses: Deeply relaxing and comforting.

Well known in India and Sri Lanka as the “oil of tranquility.”

No comments:

Post a Comment