Friday, October 30, 2009

Magadascan Lemon Eucalyptus

(Eucalyptus citriodora)

I’m not particularly fond of the scent from Eucalyptus trees, but this lemony fresh Eucalyptus from Madagascar is wonderful. It’s almost impossible to separate Eucalyptus from its legendary effectiveness in relieving discomfort associated with colds, coughs, sinus and flu.

So when I found Eucalyptus citriodora, I had something to add to my home stash of comforting oils that had a smell I could enjoy and would do the same thing for me that Eucalyptus would.

The Eucalyptus tree is a tall evergreen that grows over 250 feet tall. The young trees have bluish-green leaves, while mature trees develop long, narrow, yellowish leaves, creamy-white flowers and a smooth, pale gray bark often covered in a white powder.

Common Uses: Arthritis, bronchitis, colds, coughing, flu, poor circulation, sinusitis. Lemon Eucalyptus has a camphorous odour with a sweet, citrus undertone. History: Lemon Eucalyptus has been inhaled in to combat fevers, colds and flu symptoms and to relieve sinus issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment